Edgebander LUMINA 1380: Edgebanding for artisans at an industrial level.
Our new LUMINA 1380 offers a unique combination for processing panels: Two systems for perfectly invisible joints. The GluJet glue application system for standard use of PUR glue and the LTRONIC, the new laser edging unit from HOLZ-HER, are unbeatable in terms of speed and cost efficiency. Up to 18 NC servo-axes provide maximum automation and productivity. From high tech jointing cutting to complete finishing, this machine offers comprehensive equipment for perfect edgebanding. The all-rounder in this class.
Different requirements - different prices
The price of a HOLZHER machine is just as individual as your requirements are. Therefore, let us discuss briefly what is most important to you – you will then receive our preliminary, non-binding quote.
Personal advice – for higher productivity and greater efficiency
Together with your HOLZHER expert you will find the ideal machine for your requirements. Simply submit the completed form, and your local HOLZHER expert will be happy to discuss all further details with you.
Here is what the HOLZ-HER LUMINA series offers
- LTRONIC and GLU JET - invisible joints in double pack!
- iTronic for intelligent automation
- Simple Handling – High Productivity
- Workpiece Thickness up to 60 mm
- Edge Thickness up to 15 mm
iTronic for intelligent automation
iTronic operating components
1. Adaptive trimming blade
Full adaptive trimming blades with automatic pressure adaptation to match edge thickness and height. Your advantages:
- Always the right pressure for different types of edging
- Prevents unnecessary vibration
- Reduces wear
2. Adaptive pressure unit
The contact pressure of the individual pressure rollers is adapted perfectly to the application by an intelligent pneumatic system. Your advantages:
- Reduces reject quotas to a minimum
- Eliminate sample workpieces
- Optimum machining results even for continuously changing applications
3. Automatic glue quantity control
Automatic, requirement-adapted control of glue quantity with program selection: Always optimum glue application for:
- Various types of panels, e.g. chipboard or MDF
- Various panel thicknesses
- Various feed rates
- EVA or PUR glue
- Adaptation to processing parameters for glue from different manufacturers
4. Automatic cleaning routine
Integrated, fully-automatic purging routine for PUR glue at the touch of a button on the control. This process completely purges the machine, full automatically, with the correct quantity of cleaner, at the right temperature and contact pressure. (Cleaning is required after 48 h = PUR reaction time). Your advantages:
- Best system on the market
- PUR glue always under control
- Avoids errors during cleaning operation
5. Remaining glue quantity indicator
The remaining quantity of glue as well as the running meters that can still be processed are automatically monitored by a special sensor in the system and displayed to the operator on the control. Your advantages:
- Operator knows how many running meters can still be produced at all times
- Professional supervision of the cleaning process
- Optimization of remaining quantity of glue in system at time of cleaning process.
18.5" Touch screen color monitor with 16:9 format. High performance control with simply operation for rational machine set-up and change-over.
- 18.5" touch screen color monitor - standard feature.
- Graphic user interface, all information displayed in plain text and/or graphic form.
- Simple operation – rotating and swiveling control panel at eye height.
- Programs are simple to call with program names and numbers.
- Large program memory for all desired applications.
- Individual selection of units with the functions as basic setting possibilities for nominal values, path points and tool corrections.
- Service reports in clear text.
- Individual management for up to ten users with password protection and individual authorization.
- Network connectivity.
- Online maintenance, rapid exchange of data with HOLZ-HER service department.
- Barcode interface.
SYNCHRO edging feed
SYNCHRO edging feed
The edging magazine with synchro-drive. With its synchronous adaptation to the feed rate, this edging magazine guarantees short intervals between workpieces and simultaneously optimizes edging protrusions.
Small feed angle thanks to nozzle design - easy feeding of solid wood edging up to 15 mm.
- Including height adjustment for optimum utilization of cutters.
LTronic - laser edging change-over unit
LTronic laser edgebander
The LTronic laser edgebander was developed especially for the LUMINA series and processes all edging with functional layer on the market. Two different NIR modules are available for processing laser edging:
- NIR module for edge heights up to 23 mm (standard)
- NIR+ module for edge heights up to 45 mm (optional)
(NIR = Near Infrared Radiation)
Switch it on and it's immediately ready for use – the new Ltronic unit does not require a heat-up time or any heat-up phases during the machining process. In addition, the complete system operates absolutely silently which is a clear advantage for the user compared to other systems. Moreover, cleaning costs are minimal. The integrated protective plate on the NIR module needs to be briefly cleaned just once per week.
A highlight is the edging library completely integrated into the control. All of the very latest co-extruded and subsequently coated edging are already stored here as a factory-provided item and can be simply selected by the user via the standard touchscreen. Each laser edging needs a specific energy entry, which, by way of an example, depends on the edge thickness or the color. After the selection is made, Ltronic automatically adjusts the respective energy requirement. HOLZ-HER takes perfect care of all of that with its edging library.
Glu Jet automatic - change-over gluing station
- The pressure cylinder presses the cartridge or granules against the heater elements. After reaching a certain position, the sensor sends a replenishment signal to the control. As long as glue is being applied to a workpiece, charging is delayed until the work is finished. The pressure cylinder retracts automatically, a new cartridge or fresh granulated material is gravity fed from the cartridge supply shaft into the heating chamber where it is again pressed against the heating elements.
- Purging hole for automatic cleaning system – e.g. cleaning out PUR glue.
The Glu Jet automatic is attached to a set-up carriage alternating with the LTronic unit as a glue application system with automatic change-over. Change-over is accomplished within a maximum of two minutes by a high precision interface with HSK chuck and CNC technology.
Motor-driven pressure unit
Pressure unit with synchronous drive and automatic adaptation to feed rate. Straight and tapered pressure rollers for perfectly glued joints.
- With NC servo-axis for motorized adjustment to specific edge thickness (optional).
Pneumatic trimming unit
For straight or chamfered trimming on thin edging; a standard feature allows this unit to be pivoted to 10 degrees pneumatically. High quality version with stable cast iron pillars.
Sawing motors each with two guides for precisely trimming off protruding edging.
Pneumatic cutter unit
Multifunction cutter unit for flush cut on edging with thickness up to 8 mm, radiuses up to 3 mm, pivots 0-15 degrees. Including diamond tipped tools.
Further equipment: Integrated chip collection in tool, ProLock system.
- Also available as option: Fully automatic control with four NC servo-axes and automatic pivot adjustment.
For perfect smoothing of radiuses and chamfers on plastic edging. Also available with four NC servo-axes
Flat scrapers (application controlled)
Clean post-processing of surfaces. Application controlled with 2 HW cutting edges, for use on 4 sides. Completely eliminates all manual finishing.
Flat scrapers with pre and post-sensing
Clean surface finishing with pre- and post-sensing for high feed rates. 2 HW cutting edges, for use on 4 sides. Completely eliminates all manual finishing. Both units can be lifted automatically for special applications.
Spraying units for parting agents and cleaning agents for feed and discharge area. Anti-static, coolant and lubricant – electronically controlled by special nozzles - for a perfect edge finishing (optional).
Polishing for maximum gloss; for complete finishing. Standard setup.
- Also available as oscillating version (optional)
Maximum efficiency with Holz-Her machine networking
HOLZ-HER realizes your production ideas within 20 minutes from the first mouse click to finished furniture with seamless machine networking.
Laser edging on guild evenings
The Krocker Carpentry Shop has worked with HOLZ-HER edgebander for many years. This carpentry shop in Offenburg, near the French border, places great value on quality and precision. Above all, the company’s wide range of products requires an edgebander, which allows maximum flexibility combined with quick conversion. The carpentry shop serves private as well as commercial customers and offers bathroom furniture, stairs and furnishings for offices as well as restaurants and physicians’ offices, all from one company.
In 2016 the carpentry shop replaced the existing SPRINT 1317 edgebander with a new, larger LUMINA 1380. These HOLZ-HER machines produce perfect invisible joints using PUR as well as laser technology. The machine is operated by the proprietor, Mrs. Krocker, the edging expert at the carpentry shop.
The Krocker Carpentry Shop is a member of the Ortenau Carpenter and Cabinetmaker’s Guild. In 2016 the Guild’s fall meeting was hosted by the Krocker Carpentry Shop. Representatives from the Ostermann Company as well as HOLZ-HER were present to introduce the latest technologies and products. Angelo Amico, Product Manager for Edgebanders at HOLZ-HER, held a presentation entitled “Two Ways to Achieve Perfect Invisible Joints by HOLZ-HER” and show interested Guild members, the technologies and innovations which make HOLZ-HER an expert for edgebanding. The innovative technologies ensure that the Krocker Carpentry Shop is perfectly equipped to meet the challenges of the future.
The next step to perfection with the LUMINA 1380
“For love of wood” - is the motto proprietor Otto Pfefferle uses for his Pfefferle Carpentry Shop founded as a family enterprise over one hundred years ago. This carpentry shop for furniture and interior finishing in Tamm is prized by its customers for its high quality custom furniture as well as its flexible furniture design to meet the tastes of each individual customer. With his investment in a LUMINA 1380 edgebander proprietor Otto Pfefferle has taken the next step in the direction of absolute perfection.
The LUMINA 1380 offers a unique combination for perfect invisible joints: The Glu Jet adhesive application system and the LTRONIC laser unit from HOLZ-HER.
“Snooze à la Carte” with high quality water beds
The Kobe Carpentry Shop in Reutlingen has been a loyal HOLZ-HER customer for many years. This year, proprietor Michael Kobe and his team purchased a new LUMINA 1380 edgebander. Following an AURIGA 1308 edgebander, a PRO-MASTER 7018 CNC machining center and a CUT 6120 horizontal pressure beam saw this is the fourth machine from the quality manufacturer HOLZ-HER in Nürtingen. Master Carpenter Tobias Ernst is enthusiastic about the new high tech edgebander: The LUMINA has a change-over station to ensure perfectly invisible joints with laser edging as well as with PUR glue without requiring a great amount of time to change attachments.
This three-man shop in Reutlingen has specialized in building water and box spring beds. It has adopted the motto “Snooze à la Carte“. The carpentry shop works with a state-of-the-art measuring system to ensure custom sleeping comfort at the highest level. The components and frames are produced in the company’s own workshop to customer specifications. In addition to high quality beds, in the meantime the carpentry shop is now producing more and more exclusive bedroom furniture and interior finishing elements. The carpentry shop’s products can be viewed in their exhibition rooms in Böblingen and Reutlingen.
- Photos: Kobe Carpentry Shop